- Autism Speaks Unveils New Scientific Agenda December 14, 2017
A year after dropping references to a cure from its mission statement, the nation's largest autism advocacy group is charting a new course with a bold rewrite of its scientific priorities.
- Autism Portrayal Nets Golden Globe Nod December 12, 2017
Hollywood appears to be embracing the story of a surgeon with autism.
- Researchers To Study Effects Of Marijuana On Kids With ASD December 12, 2017
In what some advocates say could be a first in the United States, a major children's hospital is set to study the effects of medical marijuana on children with autism.
- Why America Is Making An Appointment With ‘The Good Doctor’ December 6, 2017
The medical drama centering on a doctor with autism wrapped up its fall run as the number one new show on television.
- Autism And The Law: Boy’s Incarceration Reveals Failures Of The System December 4, 2017
With escalating behavior issues, county caseworkers told the mother of a teen with autism to call police if her son acted out. Now he's facing felony charges that he doesn't comprehend.
- Sensory-Friendly Santa Welcomes Kids With Special Needs November 30, 2017
For many with disabilities, the long lines, sites and sounds of a visit to Santa Claus are just too much. But more malls are making an effort to accommodate children with a variety of needs.
- CDC Says Developmental Disabilities Are On The Rise November 29, 2017
An increasing number of American children have developmental disabilities, the federal government says, even as autism and intellectual disability rates remain largely steady.
- Autism Odds Tied To Birth Spacing, Study Finds November 28, 2017
Waiting too long — or not long enough — between pregnancies appears to increase a child's risk of developing autism, according to a new study led by researchers at the CDC.
- Brewery Serves Up Careers With Beers For Adults With Special Needs November 28, 2017
A unique brewery is incorporating posted photos, checklists and other accommodations to provide meaningful jobs and a social setting for its employees with disabilities.
- Autism Wandering Bill Advances In Senate November 17, 2017
Federal legislation aimed at providing tracking devices and resources to those with autism and other developmental disabilities who are at risk of wandering is moving forward.