Cerebral Palsy News
- Sensory-Friendly Santa Welcomes Kids With Special Needs November 30, 2017
For many with disabilities, the long lines, sites and sounds of a visit to Santa Claus are just too much. But more malls are making an effort to accommodate children with a variety of needs.
- Runner With Cerebral Palsy Sues For Chance To Compete November 14, 2017
Aaron Holzmueller is an elite runner in Paralympic competitions. Now he wants a chance to qualify for the state track meet.
- Stem Cells Show Promise For Kids With Cerebral Palsy November 10, 2017
New research is adding to evidence that children with cerebral palsy can see meaningful gains from infusions of stem cells from their own cord blood.
- TV Including More Characters With Disabilities November 9, 2017
The number of characters with disabilities on prime-time television is at a record high, a new report finds, though the representations remain far short of reflecting real life.
- Girl With Cerebral Palsy Released From Federal Custody November 6, 2017
A 10-year-old undocumented immigrant with cerebral palsy who was detained by immigration officials after undergoing surgery has been released, but her future remains uncertain.
- Teacher Accused Of Taping Shut Mouth Of Student With Special Needs November 3, 2017
A seven-figure lawsuit filed in federal court alleges that a teacher taped shut the mouth of a student with cerebral palsy because she was "making noises" consistent with her disability.
- ACLU Files Suit Over Detainment Of Girl With Cerebral Palsy November 1, 2017
The civil rights organization argues the 10-year-old, who lacks legal immigration status, was detained in violation of her statutory and constitutional rights.
- ACLU To Feds: Release 10-Year-Old With Cerebral Palsy Or We’ll Sue October 31, 2017
The ACLU is threatening to sue Customs and Border Protection and the Office of Refugee Resettlement if they do not release an undocumented girl with cerebral palsy from a detention center.
- Girl With Cerebral Palsy Faces Deportation Following Surgery October 27, 2017
A 10-year-old with cerebral palsy who lacks legal immigration status was placed in removal proceedings immediately after being discharged from a hospital following gallbladder surgery.
- Cerebral Palsy Can Be Diagnosed By 6 Months Of Age, Study Finds October 3, 2017
Cerebral palsy can be accurately diagnosed by 6 months of age, researchers say, yet kids often aren't flagged until they're 1 or 2, potentially losing out on valuable early intervention.