Downs Syndrome News
- Down Syndrome Reality Show Up For Emmys July 17, 2018
A reality television show focusing on the lives of those with Down syndrome is in the running for multiple Emmy Awards.
- Actor With Down Syndrome Starring In Movie With Shia LaBeouf July 13, 2018
A 33-year-old with Down syndrome is making a name for himself working alongside Hollywood notables Shia LaBeouf, Dakota Johnson and David Arquette.
- More Colleges Enrolling Students With Intellectual Disabilities June 27, 2018
In 2004, just 25 colleges across the country welcomed students with intellectual disabilities on their campuses. By this fall, that number will grow to 270.
- New York Woman Is Nation’s First Lobbyist With Down Syndrome June 26, 2018
There are lots of people trying to sway federal lawmakers, but no one else is quite like Kayla McKeon, Capitol Hill's first-ever registered lobbyist with Down syndrome.
- Down Syndrome Reality Show Returns With Wedding On Tap June 19, 2018
A wedding is on the horizon when a reality television show following the lives of adults with Down syndrome comes back later this summer.
- Book Helps Explain Alzheimer’s To Those With Down Syndrome June 15, 2018
At least half of people with Down syndrome will develop Alzheimer's, experts say. Now a book is helping explain the diagnosis in a way those with the chromosomal disorder can understand.
- Inclusion Rates Lagging For Students With Intellectual Disabilities May 15, 2018
Under federal law, students with disabilities are supposed to attend class with their typically-developing peers as much as possible, but new research suggests that may not be happening.
- Settlement Reached In High-Profile Death Of Man With Down Syndrome April 27, 2018
In a case that drew national attention, the family of a man with Down syndrome who died after being restrained when he refused to leave a movie theater will receive $1.9 million.
- Family Sues After Boy Scouts Strip Badges From Son With Down Syndrome March 20, 2018
A Utah man is suing the Boy Scouts of America after the organization voided every merit badge his son — who has Down syndrome — earned, blocking the teen's path to becoming an Eagle Scout.
- Boy With Down Syndrome Named Gerber Baby February 7, 2018
In a first, this year's Gerber baby is a young boy with Down syndrome.