Downs Syndrome News
- When It Comes To Special Ed, Quality Can Depend On Zip Code December 13, 2017
The law says students with disabilities deserve to learn. In some districts, parents say that's not happening.
- Mom, Daughter With Down Syndrome Win $45,000 In Cooking Contest December 8, 2017
A 5-year-old with Down syndrome and her mother will take home thousands after their recipe won an Uncle Ben's cooking contest for school-age children.
- Should A Disability Affect Who Gets Organ Transplants? October 25, 2017
At least six states have laws aimed at making sure people cannot be kept off organ-transplant waiting lists solely because of their disability and more legislatures may soon follow suit.
- Amazon To Pilot Comedy Featuring Actors With Down Syndrome October 24, 2017
Amazon is introducing a new half-hour comedy from the creator of "Sex and the City" that features a slew of actors with Down syndrome.
- Nonprofit Wants To Create 130K Jobs For People With Disabilities September 27, 2017
A new effort with the backing of some major names in the advertising industry is launching with an ambitious goal: create 130,000 jobs for people with developmental disabilities by 2020.
- Down Syndrome Reality Show Takes Home Emmys September 12, 2017
A documentary series chronicling the lives of seven young adults with Down syndrome is the winner of multiple Emmy Awards.
- Model With Down Syndrome Expands Fashion Line September 5, 2017
A model with Down syndrome will mark her return to New York Fashion Week with a new apparel collection.
- Fate Of Teen With Disability In Limbo As Mom Faces Deportation September 5, 2017
Time is running short for a mother who's facing deportation, which would bring an uncertain future for her teenage son with a disability.
- Down Syndrome Prevalence On The Rise August 31, 2017
As people with Down syndrome live longer, a new analysis suggests that this population is growing, but that may not hold true for long.
- Down Syndrome Reality Show Wins New Season August 28, 2017
After receiving a half-dozen Emmy nominations, new episodes of a reality show following a group of young people with Down syndrome are on the way.