- April 7, 2020How Autism Families Are Coping With The Pandemic
In a new national survey, families of children with autism say that services have been severely disrupted due to coronavirus, but they are adapting and even finding some silver linings.
- April 2, 2020Parents Of Kids With IEPs Worry About Regression
Isolated at home with few services to help, some parents of those with disabilities say they are terrified that their children's progress will evaporate.
- March 31, 2020‘Fancy Nancy,’ ‘Sesame Street’ To Air Autism-Themed Episodes
A pair of children's television shows are set to highlight the experiences of those with autism.
- March 31, 2020As Institution Becomes Coronavirus Hot Spot, Families Struggle With Separation
At a home for 440-plus people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that contains the largest cluster of COVID-19 cases in Texas, no visitors are allowed and residents must remain.
- March 27, 2020Coronavirus Adds To Issues For Those With Developmental Disabilities
For thousands of people across the nation with developmental disabilities, it's difficult, or impossible, to understand the sudden shrinking of their worlds due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- March 26, 2020CDC: Autism Rate Climbs Again
The number of American children diagnosed with autism is on the rise yet again, according to new government data.
- March 25, 2020Parents Face Trial Over Audio Recordings Daughter With Autism Made At School
The parents of a 12-year-old with autism are facing criminal charges after their daughter used a device to record teachers and staff at school to document what her parents say is abuse.
- March 20, 2020For Kids With Autism, School Shutdown Poses Even Bigger Quandary
With students out of school, parents of those with autism face even more uncertainty with their children's routines disrupted and questions about whether it's safe to continue therapy.
- March 17, 2020School District Violating ADA By Barring Behavior Therapist, Suit Claims
The parents of a 9-year-old with autism say their school district is violating the ADA by preventing a behavior therapist from providing their son doctor-prescribed ABA therapy at school.
- March 16, 2020Vans Introducing ‘Sensory Inclusive’ Shoes For Individuals With ASD
An iconic shoe brand is rolling out a whole new collection specifically designed to meet the needs of people with autism.