- July 8, 2020Netflix To Debut Autism Dating Show
A new documentary series is taking an intimate look at the experiences of people with autism in the dating world.
- June 25, 2020Early Intervention Experts Worry The Pandemic Has Hurt Kids With Special Needs
Referrals to early intervention services have plummeted as the COVID-19 pandemic has kept children from day care and other places where concerns about developmental delays often emerge.
- June 22, 2020Autism Severity Can Evolve Markedly During Childhood
It's long been thought that autism severity remained largely static over a person's lifetime, but new research suggests otherwise.
- June 17, 2020Amazon Orders Comedic Drama Starring Actors With Autism
The creator of "Parenthood" is bringing a new series about the experiences of three young adults with autism to Amazon.
- June 16, 2020Despite Recommendations, Genetic Testing Rare Among Those With Autism
It is widely recommended that individuals with autism receive a battery of genetic tests, but new research finds strikingly few people on the spectrum partaking.
- June 16, 2020Mom Accused Of Pushing Son With ASD Into Canal Pleads Not Guilty
A mother accused of pushing her 9-year-old son with severe autism into a canal to drown has pleaded not guilty and may face the death penalty.
- June 12, 2020Sleep Problems In Babies Might Signal Autism
New research suggests that children who were later diagnosed with autism were more likely to have had difficulty falling asleep as infants.
- June 9, 2020Couple Prove Down Syndrome, Autism No Barrier To Marriage
She has Down syndrome. He has autism. Together they have 10 years of wedded bliss.
- June 3, 2020PBS Show Features Superhero With Autism
Autism is getting the superhero treatment on a new children's television show.
- June 2, 2020Mom Hasn’t Seen Son With Autism Since March Because Of COVID-19 Lockdown
When the pandemic hit, long-term care facilities were among the first to close doors to visitors, but with no plan to reopen, one mom worries how long it will be before she sees her son again.