- Jury Delivers $8B Verdict In Risperdal Case October 11, 2019
Johnson & Johnson must pay $8 billion to a man who claimed the company failed to warn that boys using its drug Risperdal — commonly prescribed to those with autism — could grow breasts.
- Netflix Series About Teen On The Spectrum Poised For New Season October 8, 2019
A television show centering on the coming-of-age experiences of a teenager with autism is set to return.
- Disney Disability Access Lawsuit Headed To Trial October 3, 2019
After a five-year court battle, a federal lawsuit demanding that people with disabilities skip to the front of the line at Disney World rides is going to trial, a judge has ruled.
- Trump Signs Autism Act October 2, 2019
With little time to spare, President Donald Trump approved an extension of the nation's primary autism law, authorizing $1.8 billion in spending on the developmental disorder.
- Autism Insurance Coverage Now Required In All 50 States October 1, 2019
After officials in the last holdout state enacted a new rule, all 50 states and Washington, D.C. have mandates that require some level of insurance coverage for the treatment of autism.
- Hair Salon Styles Itself As Special Needs Specialist September 27, 2019
At a new salon serving those with special needs, stylists are expected to be patient and every detail has been considered down to the silent clippers and the wheelchair-friendly carpet.
- CDC Records Spike In Kids With Developmental Disabilities September 26, 2019
The number of American children with developmental disabilities "increased significantly" in recent years, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Study: When Kids Show Signs Of Autism, Pediatricians Often Fall Short September 24, 2019
Pediatricians are conducting routine checks for autism, but new research suggests they frequently fail to act when screenings show cause for concern.
- Mom Says Teacher Placed Desk For Son With Special Needs In Bathroom September 24, 2019
A school district is investigating a mother's complaint that a teacher put a desk for her son with special needs in a bathroom as a solution to his need to be in a quiet place.
- Autism Act Clears Senate September 20, 2019
A bill that includes more than $1.8 billion for federal efforts to address the needs of people with autism is headed to President Donald Trump.