Cerebral Palsy News
- Doctors Making Virtual House Calls For Those With Special Needs November 22, 2019
Aiming to ease the experience of visiting a doctor, a new program is allowing people with developmental disabilities to access medical and mental health care without leaving home.
- Santa Offering Sensory-Friendly Events Nationwide November 21, 2019
Ahead of his big night, hundreds of special events across the country will offer kids with disabilities a chance to visit with Santa Claus in a calmer setting.
- High-Stakes Medicaid Assessments Upend Lives Of Families With Disabilities November 20, 2019
A computer-based assessment was supposed to make it easier for families to apply for Medicaid waivers in one state. Instead, many have seen their benefits arbitrarily slashed.
- Campaign Aims To Create 1 Million Jobs For People With Disabilities October 24, 2019
Three of the nation's most prominent disability organizations are banding together in an effort to bring about a million jobs for people with developmental disabilities by 2025.
- Disability Caregivers Worked 87 Hours A Week For $4 An Hour, Feds Say October 22, 2019
A chain of residential care homes for people with disabilities paid their workers as little as $4 an hour and made them work more than 87 hours a week, according to a federal lawsuit.
- Hair Salon Styles Itself As Special Needs Specialist September 27, 2019
At a new salon serving those with special needs, stylists are expected to be patient and every detail has been considered down to the silent clippers and the wheelchair-friendly carpet.
- Nike Embracing Universal Design September 3, 2019
With a new shoe built from the ground up to be accessible for people with disabilities, Nike is working with a major professional athlete to prove that inclusive styles are meant for everyone.
- More States Requiring Insurers To Cover Developmental Disabilities August 26, 2019
After the widespread success of state insurance mandates for autism treatment, a grassroots effort is underway to do the same for other developmental disabilities.
- Disability-Focused TV Shows Nominated For Emmys July 23, 2019
Two television shows starring individuals with developmental disabilities are each up for multiple Emmy Awards.
- Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit Sets Medical Malpractice Record July 12, 2019
In what attorneys say is the largest such verdict ever in the United States, a jury awarded the family of a girl with cerebral palsy $229.6 million over the circumstances surrounding her birth.