Cerebral Palsy News
- Hair Salon Styles Itself As Special Needs Specialist September 27, 2019
At a new salon serving those with special needs, stylists are expected to be patient and every detail has been considered down to the silent clippers and the wheelchair-friendly carpet.
- Nike Embracing Universal Design September 3, 2019
With a new shoe built from the ground up to be accessible for people with disabilities, Nike is working with a major professional athlete to prove that inclusive styles are meant for everyone.
- More States Requiring Insurers To Cover Developmental Disabilities August 26, 2019
After the widespread success of state insurance mandates for autism treatment, a grassroots effort is underway to do the same for other developmental disabilities.
- Disability-Focused TV Shows Nominated For Emmys July 23, 2019
Two television shows starring individuals with developmental disabilities are each up for multiple Emmy Awards.
- Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit Sets Medical Malpractice Record July 12, 2019
In what attorneys say is the largest such verdict ever in the United States, a jury awarded the family of a girl with cerebral palsy $229.6 million over the circumstances surrounding her birth.
- Nightclub For Adults With Disabilities Fosters Love, Friendship And Inclusion June 4, 2019
At what might be the only club of its kind in the country, hundreds of people with developmental disabilities come to dance, make friends and be like anyone else out for the night.
- For Adults With Special Needs, Demand For Housing Outpaces Supply May 28, 2019
As an apartment complex for those with developmental disabilities breaks ground in one of the nation's most expensive real estate markets, advocates say the new units barely make a dent.
- ABC Calls It Quits On ‘Speechless’ May 14, 2019
A network comedy centering on the experiences of a teen with a developmental disability and his family is no more.
- Flaws Exposed In State’s Care Of Those Without Guardians May 14, 2019
One man's tumor offers a cautionary tale for any family that lacks legal guardianship of a loved one who, because of a developmental disability, cannot make medical decisions.
- Despite High Need, Dental Care Elusive For Those With Special Needs May 8, 2019
People with developmental disabilities face enormous barriers to adequate and timely dental care. Many dentists either avoid treating these patients or lack the skills needed to do so.